How to be a Better Manager
This two day Award programme is designed for those who hold management roles but who want to develop their skills and knowledge to be more effective at what they do. It is ideal for team leaders, supervisors and first line managers who have some knowledge and may have had some earlier basic training. The Award programme will refresh knowledge and skills and provide new tips and techniques for participants to take away and use in their day to day work.
At the end of this two day Award programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the expectations of an effective Manager
- Manage ethically and within a set of guiding principles
- Adapt your management style to different situations
- Effectively manage tasks, individuals and teams
- Demonstrate self-management and organisational skills.
This Award is accredited with the Institute of Leadership and Management and will enhance knowledge on a range of subjects including:
- The difference between leadership and management
- How to take responsibility and be accountable for your actions
- Different leadership styles and their impact on different people and situations
- Self management
- How to get the best from teams and individuals.
Previous participant feedback includes:
"Would like to thank everyone at CHaRM for their efforts. Have enjoyed the course."
"Very rewarding and detailed training. Thanks."
"Excellent training. Good case studies, concise and quick, easy to understand and reassuring."
The whole course was a useful insight as to how a Manager should behave in his role with staff".
This course can be delivered internally within your own organisation or via a flexible open programme with CHaRM.
Get in Touch
Please use the form below for any enquiries.