Management for Beginners
"Both of our managers enjoyed the training and were very complementary about Amanda. Thank you for organising this for us; both managers got such a lot out of the training. Aside from the learning they both work much better together which was also an objective, so we are very happy with all outcomes." (Jo, CEO)
This two-day Award Programme is designed for those who are new to the role of management, be they team leaders, supervisors or first-line managers. At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of an effective manager.
- Carry out their management role effectively.
- Describe different management styles and be able to modify their style in everyday situations.
- Use the skills learned in the key areas of communication, performance management and delegation.
This programme is accredited with the Institute of Leadership of Management and is designed to give new managers a flavour of a range of different subjects, including:
- The role and responsibilities of an effective manager
- Different styles of management
- How to delegate to others
- How to communicate effectively with individuals and teams
- How to manage performance on a day-to-day basis.
Previous participant feedback includes:
"Amanda is an excellent course tutor and facilitator. She added context, built a friendly atmosphere and most of all had the smarts! Very knowledgeable."
"I really needed to improve delegation and Amanda explained how to delegate really well."
"Everything was easy to understand. I felt at ease; the trainer understood my situation."
"Enjoyable course. Trainer was very friendly and approachable."
Get in Touch
Please use the form below for any enquiries.