Managing Absence from Work (MDL)
The aim of this module is to enable participants to consistently and effectively manage absence from work - both persistent short-term absences and long-term absence. The module will include the legal framework within which absence from work should be managed, as well as a range of practical tools and techniques to support participants in managing absence within their teams and departments.
- Describe the different reasons for absence from work and assign the correct reason for absence in each case.
- Describe the legal aspects that need to be considered when managing absence.
- Effectively manage and monitor unauthorised absence from work.
- Conduct effective return to work interviews to reduce absenteeism.
- Support and manage those who are absent long-term using the correct procedure.